Now Playing on Oldies 101.5
- Polk Co. deputies: Horse found killed in owner's pasturePOLK COUNTY, NC (FOX Carolina) - Polk County deputies are asking for help after they say a 3-year-old horse was found dead in the pasture of its owner Thursday morning. PCSO says the horse was found shot in the heart in its pasture on John Weaver Road early in the morning. PCSO sent the Bay […]
- GCSO: Neighbor finds body at residence in LandrumLANDRUM, SC (FOX Carolina) - Greenville County deputies are investigating after they say a body was found at a Landrum residence. GCSO says the call on Campbell Road came in around 3 p.m. Friday after the neighbor discovered the body. Details are limited, but GCSO is promising more details once they're available. GCSO says an […]
- Canceled boil water advisory for Tryon, NC, officials reportTryon, N.C. (FOX Carolina) -- Tryon officials have canceled a boil water advisory for the Town of Tryon. Users are hereby notified that is no longer necessary to boil water used for human consumption. The alert was cleared on Jan. 18, 2019.
- Greenville PD: Suspects hit sour note with guitar theftGREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) - Greenville police officers say two suspects need to face the music after they say the duo stole a prized Les Paul guitar. On Friday, GPD posted to Facebook that two men forced their way into a home on Anderson Street near the downtown area and stole the instrument. However, thanks […]
- Fine Arts Center in Greenville now accepting applicationsFOX Carolina's Alexa Rodriguez looks into the Fine Arts Center in Greenville as it gets ready for application season. (Jan.18/FOXCarolina)
Friday18JanuaryWeek 3 | FraserLWaxing Gibbous
- On this Day January 19, 2008American songwriter and singer John Stewart, who wrote the Monkees 1967 hit died aged 68 after he suffered a brain aneurysm in San Diego. Stewart was a member of folk group The Kingston Trio and went on to record more than 45 solo albums with his biggest solo success being a US top five single, […]
- On this Day January 19, 2001It was reported that was set to become the world's first pop star billionaire. McCartney was said to be worth £725 million ($1,233) and was expected to become a billionaire after huge sales from compilation hits album.
- On this Day January 19, 1993re-formed to perform at Bill Clinton's inauguration. The band's "Don't Stop" was used as the theme for his campaign.
- On this Day January 19, 1988and Mtley Cre manager Doc McGhee pleaded guilty to importing more than 40,000lb of marijuana into the US from Colombia via a shrimp boat. McGhee received a five-year suspended prison sentence, a fine of $15,000, and was ordered to set up an anti-drugs foundation.
- On this Day January 19, 1967and Marmalade played at London, England. Marmalade went on to score a No.1 UK hit with their version of The Beatles' in 1968.
- On this Day January 19, 1967began recording at Abbey Road studios London, recording four takes of the new song. According to Lennon, the inspiration for the first two verses was the death of Tara Browne, the 21-year-old heir to the Guinness fortune who had crashed his Lotus Elan on 18 December 1966 in Redcliffe Gardens, London.