Now Playing on Oldies 101.5
- Dispatch: Deputies responding to reports of shooting in Spartanburg CountySPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) – Emergency dispatchers confirmed deputies were called to investigate a reported shooting in the area of John Dodd Road and New Cut Road Thursday evening. Dispatchers said the call came in around 7:45 p.m. A viewer reported hearing multiple pops before multiple law enforcement vehicles arrived at the intersection. FOX Carolina […]
- Court: Trump can't let companies deny birth control coverageSAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A divided U.S. appeals court Thursday blocked rules by the Trump administration that allowed more employers to opt out of providing women with no-cost birth control. The ruling, however, may be short lived because the administration has adopted new rules on contraceptive coverage that are set to take effect next month […]
- Oconee Co. deputies investigating bomb threat at Clements ElectricalSENECA, SC (FOX Carolina) – Oconee County deputies said bomb teams are working to clear Clements Electrical Thursday evening after the business received an emailed bomb threat warning of a device and demanding money. Deputies said they responded to the business on Friendship Road just after 2 p.m. The business was evacuated and Friendship Road […]
- Gov McMaster makes 4 appointments to SC's election boardCOLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Gov. Henry McMaster on Thursday announced his selection of four new appointees for the board that maintains South Carolina's elections system. Among the Republican's picks are former Kershaw County Councilman John Wells, who practices law in Elgin, and retired Mount Pleasant businessman Cliff Edler for two of the positions. A third […]
- Greenville police also investigating hoax bomb threats reported across the country ThursdayGREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) – Greenville police confirmed their officers spent part of Thursday investigating hoax bomb threat claims as similar fake threats were being spread across the country via e-mail. “Yes, there have been reports of emails being received within the city of Greenville, and our detectives are gathering that information from those within […]
Friday14DecemberWeek 50 | BoydenGFirst Quarter
- On this Day December 14, 2015was at No.1 on both the UK and US chart with her third album 25. The album was a massive commercial success, debuting at No.1 in more than 25 markets and broke first-week sales records in many countries, including the UK and US. 25 eventually became the world's best-selling album of 2015 with 17.4 million […]
- On this Day December 14, 2006The co-founder of Atlantic Records Ahmet Ertegun died, aged 83. Ertegun who founded Atlantic Records with Herb Abramson in 1947 helped make Ray Charles and Aretha Franklin stars and signed and in the early 70s. He suffered a head injury when he fell at a Rolling Stones concert at New York's Beacon Theatre in October, […]
- On this Day December 14, 2003went to No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Changes' a remake of a track first sung by Ozzy on the album Volume IV in 1972. It was the first father and daughter chart topper since Frank & Nancy Sinatra in 1967.
- On this Day December 14, 1980Yoko Ono called on fans to observe ten minutes of silence in memory of 30,000 gathered outside St George's Hall in Liverpool, while nearly 100,000 attend a memorial in New York's Central Park.
- On this Day December 14, 1971was riding high in the Top 10 of the US album charts. In 2006, the album was rated No.1 on Classic Rock magazine's '100 Greatest British Albums' poll, and No.1 in a poll conducted by Guitar World. The album has now sold over 23 million copies in the US. The typeface for the lyrics to […]
- On this Day December 14, 1968scored his first US No.1 single when 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' started a five-week run at the top of the charts. It was Marvin's 15th solo hit and also his first UK No.1 single in March 69. Written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong in 1966, the single was first recorded by Smokey […]
- On this Day December 14, 1967Rolling Stones guitarist was rushed to St Georges hospital in London after collapsing. A doctor reported Jones was tired and suffering from over strain and was also recovering from having some teeth out.
- On this Day December 14, 1963played a show for their Southern Area Fan Club at Wimbledon Palais, London. To prevent damage to the stage from fans the management of the Palais constructed a platform for The Beatles to perform on, surrounded by a steel cage.